I found that blogging is both fun and therapeutic and today you will learn how you too can create a WordPress blog easily. Blogging has made a tremendous difference in my life and changed my focus from falling for work from home schemes. You can start your very own blog today for only a few dollars a month which makes this a very affordable venture. Bluehost allows you to create your blog at very affordable rates and on top of that, you will also receive a free blog domain using my link.
Start your Bluehost WordPress blog by clicking here and see easy instructions below.
Bluehost is an excellent web host and the best choice for your WordPress blog. I’ve used them for other projects and have never had a bad experience.
Anyone can quickly make back the money for their blog hosting and much more which makes having your own blog so worth it.
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $3.95 a month (this low price is through my link only)! Also, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer hosting plan (a $15 value). I highly recommend signing up for the 12 month hosting plan through Bluehost. It’s affordable and you can save a lot of money by signing up for at least 12 months.
If you’re thinking that you can start a blog on one of those free blog sites (like blogspot), that would not be a good idea. There is a great deal of reasons on why you shouldn’t start a blog on a free blog site (like the one mentioned above), and instead build WordPress blog on Bluehost.
If you ever want to make money off of your blog, then starting it through Bluehost is an absolute Must. You can run your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, etc. with a blog run on Bluehost. Making money on Blogspot or any other free blogging platform is extremely difficult, especially if it ever actually happens. Advertisers and companies tend to shy away from free blog websites because they don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs, so that’s another big reason to use Bluehost.
Bluehost makes it easy for you to see why they are a top hosting provider:
- You get a FREE blog domain.
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE.
- It’s so easy to use and Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog.
- Bluehost web hosting offers technical support.
- Bluehost is very affordable and they offer cheap web hosting. You can have a blog of your own and the only real expense you need to pay is the blog hosting which starts at only $2.75 per month.
- Bluehost offers a guarantee in case you determine that it is not for you.
- You will be self-hosted so if you want to monetize your blog, then you will want to be self-hosted.
- You will appear much more professional to readers, companies, etc. if you are self-hosted on Bluehost than being on a free blogging platform.
There are a lot of web hosting companies, but Bluehost has been around forever and so many people including myself have had nothing but positive experiences with them.
See process below:
1. Click Get Started Now to Register a domain name
Prior to signing up with Bluehost to create your WordPress blog, you should give thought to what you want your domain name to be. It may be hard to think of a domain name, but brainstorm different ideas with friends/family since you want your domain to represent your brand.
For my domain, I had a lot of ideas floating around in my head. All were similar in name, just a slight tweak to it. I decided on selfhelpalliance because it really represented what information I wanted to provide for others and really how I got myself out of my own situations.
You can get your domain directly through Bluehost which makes the whole process really simple. If you do this, you can get a FREE domain for the first year as long as you buy 12 months worth of Bluehost web hosting. This makes it well worth it to sign up for at least 12 months of hosting as you will be saving a lot of money this way. It also makes your monthly price cheaper when you buy at least 12 months of hosting, so the free domain just makes it even better. If you decide to get the free domain, just continue to the next step as you can buy your hosting and get the free domain all in one step.
*You most likely will only need the basic package.
2. Buy hosting for your blog
I want to reiterate the importance of why you should purchase at least a 12 month hosting plan. Month-to-month is less effective, and I highly recommend signing up for a minimum of 12 months for many reasons. If you sign up for a minimum of 12 months, you will receive a free domain name, lower pricing, and you won’t have to deal with an expired website after each month. So, if hosting is not renewed or if the card expires, then your website is down and you risk losing business (visitors/traffic) when you pay on a month-to-month basis. It’s also more expensive to pay month-by-month rather than in one lump sum. The more years you sign up for, the less you pay.
- Go to Bluehost and click the “Get Started Now” button.
- Click on the hosting package you want to purchase.
- Enter the domain name you registered with earlier, or sign up for a new domain name.
- Enter your personal and payment information.
- Next you will be asked to enter a password. Make sure it’s secure since this information is very important.
3. Install WordPress on Bluehost
Best of all, Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog and it is FREE.
- When you are in your cPanel (you will receive a link to this in your welcome email from Bluehost), find and click on the image that says “One Click Install.”.
- Then, click on the WordPress icon on the next page located under “Blogs.”
- Click on the “Start” button. This will begin the installation.
- Once in the installation process, you will have to decide which domain you will want to install WordPress on. Click the dropdown menu to the domain you plan on using.
- Now, you will see “Advanced Options.” This is where you choose your username and password for your WordPress website. You should choose something secure. Don’t use “Admin” as your username. Instead, create a username that is a combination of different letters, numbers, and anything else you can use. You will want to check “Automatically create a new database for this installation” as well, unless you already have a different database (if you don’t know, then you probably do not).
- Click “Install Now.”
- Remember to save your username and password.
Tada!! You now have a WordPress blog. You can now start working on the design of your blog and producing high-quality content.
If when signing up for Bluehost, you get confused, please send me an email and I will try my best to help you get things straightened out. Don’t be shy, questions are welcomed!
Here are great tips on navigating WordPress:
- After signing up you should have received WordPress login information in a separate email. This email will include your WordPress login URL (your URL is separate from everyone else’s and it’s the only way you can access your WordPress account), your username, and your password. You want to keep this email safe.
- You can add and create new posts by clicking on “Posts” on the left-hand side once you are logged in. If you want to add a page, simply click on “Pages.”
- If you want to add an image, click on “Media” on the left-hand side.
- You can go to “Appearance,” then “Widgets” in order to add items to your sidebar, footer, and so on.
- If you are looking for a way to send newsletters or emails to your readers, there are many to choose from like Aweber, GetResponse, or Convertkit. These are the only ones I would recommend.
- If you are looking into the actual design of your blog, Genesis by Studiopress seems to always be the most popular. Genesis is used on my blog, and I highly recommend it. Or, there are free themes through WordPress you can use also. Just go to “Appearance” on the left-hand side when you are logged into your WordPress website and click on “Themes,” then activate whichever one you are interested in testing out. By doing this, you can start designing your website immediately!